We have gathered together some useful information below on where to stay, places to eat in Bath, and maps to help you find the summer school venue.
Hotels and B&B’s
There are many lovely places to stay in Bath – here are a few that have been recommended to us by previous visitors.
- Kennard Hotel, Henrietta Street, 5 min walk to Holburne and 10-15 to the BRLSI
- Chestnuts House, Henrietta Road, 5-10 min walk to Holburne
- Apple Tree Guesthouse, Pulteney Gardens, 10 min walk to Holburne
- There is a Premier Inn and the new Apex Hotel which are both a 5 min walk from the BRLSI
- For other options go to visitbath website
Where to eat
Tea, coffee and biscuits are available at the workshops, and delicious afternoon cakes are also provided! For some lunch and evening meal options see below.
- Cote Restaurant off Milsom Street
- The Ivy Brasserie Milsom Street
- Firehouse Rotisserie behind Milsom Street
- Chez Dominique French Bistro near Pulteney Bridge
- Thai Balcony near Kingsmead Square
- For light lunches try The Fine Cheese Company in Walcot Street … lovely deli and super sandwiches or salads
Extra events for 2018
You don’t have to be attending our classes to come along. We’d love the chance to meet and you can learn about our classes for next summer too.
Jane Austen’s Bath, A Walking Tour
Wednesday 22nd August, 10am
“Oh! Who can ever be tired of Bath?” (Jane Austen). Tour the city in the company of Jane Austen enthusiast Dr Allan Phillipson and discover the rich social history of the city. Find out where the bad girls went (and what they did), see where Austen lived, (and why she had to move). Discover what Mary Shelley was doing just around the corner…
The walk will take two hours at a leisurely pace with plenty of stops. A fee of £8 is payable on the day.
An early Evening Fashion Show, with style-hunters Blue
Wednesday 22nd August, 6-8pm
Join us for an early evening at The Loft in the heart of Bath’s antique quarter. We are teaming up with the fashion gurus from Blue to present the ultimate early evening of style with a fashion show that anyone with an interest in textiles will love!
Drinks and nibbles will be served.
How to find the venue
Our venue is conveniently situated in Bath within reach of shops, restaurants and places to stay.
The Bath Royal Literary & Scientific Institution (BRLSI)
The Charlotte Street car park is 5 mins walk away from the BRLSI.